Friday, August 22, 2008

Movie Review: Waitress

Waitress staring Keri Russell, and written and directed by Adrienne Shelly was a very sweet movie. At least I thought so. Keri Russell (who I love from Felicity) plays Jenna a waitress at Joe's Pie diner. She's in a horrible marriage, accidentally gets pregnant (is not happy about it) and has a fling with her married OB/GYN, all the while baking some excellent pies. There were some hilarious moments (like spontaneous poetry) that made me laugh out loud. The one thing that bugged me about the movie though, was that the pies didn't look as amazing as I thought they should have. I really wanted to eat some of them anyway, (because of their names) like Naughty pumpkin pie, or I hate my husband pie. Other than that, it was a sweet story with a great message...It's never too late for a fresh start. Favorite quote from the movie: "If I had a penny for everything that I loved about you, I'd have many pennys."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really wish that there were recipes to go along with that movie! The pies always sounded so tasty!

mablebrown said...

Yeah, recipes would be great...like for the peachy keen tarts! Maybe if Adrienne Shelly had lived she would've written a cookbook too.