Monday, August 18, 2008
Seattle
Ben and I went to Seattle this weekend. It was great. I love Seattle and we had a really nice day Friday walking around being tourists. We went to one of my favorite places for coffee and cake, the B&O Cafe (this cafe was mentioned in my USA travel guide, and all of Vancouver was left out). I got a Valencia Mocha and a piece of Chocolate Raspberry torte and it was super good. Then Ben and I went down to Seattle Center and took some pictures of the Space Needle. I even bought a Space Needle charm for my charm bracelet. While we were walking around Seattle Center, KEXP 90.3, Ben's favorite radio station, was having a free outdoor concert. It was perfect timing! We didn't know the band, but it was just nice to sit outside, enjoy a cold beverage, and hear some great live music. It made me miss living in Seattle A LOT. We then drove down to the Pier and took a nice little walk along the water and ended up at one of the best book stores ever, The Elliot Bay Book Company. Ben and I could have easily spent a whole day there, but we had to keep it short so we could meet some old friends. Saturday we got breakfast with Ben's brothers before we got ready and headed out to his cousin's wedding (the reason for this visit) in Gig Harbor. The wedding was at a beautiful location, had excellent food, awesome pyrotechnics, great music, and as promised was a total love fest. It was great to be there and see all of Ben's family. On Sunday, Ben and I got breakfast with one of my good buddies, Steve-O. Then we walked around Jaunita Beach and did some window shopping before getting ready to come back to Tucson. It was a quick but nice time and I can't wait to go back!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
and why did we not meet you in Seattle? Sad.e
I don't know, could you have? I wish I had met you at Burgerville. I couldn't get Ben to drive down to Centralia to the nearest one!
Post a Comment