Thursday, July 17, 2008

Procrastination

Most of you know that I am a huge procrastinator. If I don't want to do something that I absolutely HAVE to do, I will put it off until the last minute. This includes studying. Yes, I want to be a nurse, do I actually want to study for my tests? The answer is no. Now, don't freak out....I know my limits. I know when I need to buckle down and when I can get by with the minimal amount of preparation. I'm just a little burned out from this whole school and work thing nearly every single day of my life!

So, this last weekend instead of taking the time to review all my notes, and do some reading in preparation for my test on Monday, I really waited until Sunday evening to prepare. Don't worry, I got a great grade on my test (especially considering how little I studied)! The purpose of this post is not to tell you how well I did on my Nursing test it's to tell you what I did over the weekend while I was busy procrastinating!

I love procrastinating in so many different ways....hitting the snooze button, watching soap operas, surfing the internet, and ordering pizza are my favorites. Sometimes though, when I have a seriously good chunk of time to waste and some important studying to do (hence the need to procrastinate) I like to start projects....or finish old projects.

This weekend I managed to start AND finish a project. It was awesome! I made some throw pillows! I have sewn lots of things in my life and used fabric for many projects, but I have never made pillows before. It took me a little while to get it going, but then I really cranked them out. I made 2 square pillows, a rectangle one, and 2 bolsters. The bolsters were the ones that ate up the majority of my Saturday (I also cleaned and did laundry...another favorite procrastination tactic I love! I know I have homework, but I need to dust!) So, as far as procrastination goes, I think I had a pretty productive weekend! What do you think of my pillows?


2 comments:

Claire said...

Those are great pillows. Please come to my house and make me some!

Anonymous said...

They are great! i wouldn't expect anything less! ;)