Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm going to get some more earrings.

I just got back from a three hour laser hair removal session. I had both my legs lasered and it hurt like hell. It's subjects like this one that I want to blog about, and why I have made my blog private. There are girls I know from high school that I really loved and admired for how smart and independent they were, how thrifty their style was and how confident they were-- not ever shaving their legs and wearing shorts. I just don't want them to think less of me because I'm paying a lot of money for torture to remove hair that naturally grows on my body. Is that bad, that I'm a closeted laser-hair-remover?

I also have a couple friends who have started blogs lately who talk about really interesting things they do and think about in their lives. Like my friend Marcella (she married one of my old school buddies Clint). Marcella has started this really great blog and posted some really healthy recipes--even including why the particular recipe is healthy. (Hey Marcella, great blog by the way!) And then there's my old buddy Kevin from school. He's already posted about walking the freedom trail in Boston, and the art of dumpster diving. I would enjoy reading both of those blogs even if I didn't know those two people. I also have a few of my friend's (those of you reading right now) blogs listed on the side here. And you all talk about your husbands, and careers, and travels and kids, and write all kinds of great stories...and I like to post pictures of my charm collection, and my new jewelry "box".

Basically, all I blog about is stuff I would want to talk to you about on a daily basis...not necessarily anything insightful or life changing, just "chit-chatty" subjects, not even anything funny really. Like how, today my laser hair removal really hurt bad and the session lasted so long that I was literally shaking for a good hour afterwards. And how I'm so excited about my new jewelry "box" because it's so functional! (You can get one here if you want!) I just don't know if my buddy Kevin, or some of the previously mentioned girls that never shave their legs, would want to read about the things that I blog about. I mean Ben doesn't even read my blog. But I guess since Kevin shared his blog with me, I'm gonna have to let him read mine. I'm still going to blog about Laser Hair Removal, and earrings though.

8 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I really like Lois Hill Earrings- get them at Nordstrom after the half yearly sale. Also, I blog about nothing. So jealous of the laser hair removal- so jealous.

janaemadsen said...

why is your blog not public again?

Brooke said...

My friend Heather and I wanted to invest in a hair removal machine, I am so jealous! I think I would want them to laser my whole body, I have a hair fetish. Have you ever done electrolysis? Do you think it would hurt worse than that?

mablebrown said...

My blog is not public because I don't want to be judged for my girly-ness, and also I don't want Becky to read it.

I heard electrolysis hurts way worse...I heard that if you worked at one of those places, you could get all your treatments for free, because you just trade time with your coworkers.

Marcella said...

I LOVE how your blog is chatty. You don't have to go back for another laser session, do you? Was it a one time thing? I would love more earrings (and etc) as well. They're kinda on the bottom of the "Money for..." list right now, though! Pooh. Anyway, I haven't been able to wear anything but studs for almost 5 years now, because of grabby kid hands. Ow.

Jennifer said...

So - how does laser work? I am sooooooo interested! I'm Italian, after all!

kevin said...

thanks, sarah. i've always liked chatting with you. and i'm enjoying "catching up" by reading your old posts!

Claire said...

I blog about completely frivolous/unnecessary things. And I love your blog, and you DO need more earrings.