Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter Wonderland

The day after my Pinning ceremony Ben and I flew into Seattle for the holidays. And there was snow, tons of snow. It totally messed up our plans to drive all over the state of Washington to spend an equal time with each family (each of Ben's parents families and his brother's family, and my parents and grandparents). But we managed to see everyone at least for a night, and got to see quite a few friends from high school and college...and got to get Burgerville THREE times. Mmm, Burgerville. I think I'd fly back just for that place. Some highlights of the vacation were: getting to hang out with my mom and play with our charm bracelets, seeing Grandpa and Grandma, catching up with Uncle Scott, walking through the snow with Ben, watching Ben shovel the snow (yeah, he's totally a babe), hanging out with Kevin, dinners with Katie and Steve, and spending a couple nights at the lake with Dave and Marifran (Ben's dad and stepmom). These are some great shots of Lake Cushman that they took during the snow storm. Isn't that an amazing shot that Marifran took of the eagle!?

The lowlights of the trip were: getting cabin fever in Seattle, not getting to go to the symphony, not having enough time to spend with everyone, feeling depressed because it was frrrreezing and dark, Ben and I both getting colds, oh and breaking my cellphone when I dropped it in a puddle, and having my laptop smashed by the airline on my way home. Happy New Year to me! Thank goodness I have Ben who got me a new phone and will be able to fix my laptop! I hope you all had a good Christmas break!

2 comments:

janaemadsen said...

these look great. And phony. Where is the tagged answer?

Anonymous said...

Amazingly beautiful pictures.
I am glad the airline didn't crack you!!! ;)