Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell is voting for Barack Obama!

When I was in 6th grade I wrote a paper on "Heroes" for a writing contest. I was one of the two winners at my school. The prize was getting to go see Colin Powell speak at one of the local highschools in Vancouver. He had just won the Congressional Medal of Honor and was touring the country. At the time I didn't really know who Colin Powell was, but since then I have learned about what an amazing man and hero he is. I was really excited when I heard he officially endorsed Barack Obama as president. I think it's pretty fantastic that the former Secretary of State, a General and a Republican, has said that Barack Obama is a "transformational figure" and would be an "exceptional" leader. I love it! I also love how he says McCain's choice of Palin, made him seriously wonder about McCain's judgement. Here is the transcript of his interview on Meet the Press, if you need to see it to believe it.

No comments: