Holy Cow, the Olympics were so awesome! I love the summer Olympics. I'm not sure why exactly. Growing up, my family didn't have cable, so when the Olympics came on, it was great tv! I think I always wanted to be an athlete too. I'm not a swimmer or a gymnast or anything and I'm not particularly found of hot weather, but to me the summer Olympics is where it's at. The Bejing Games have been super awesome. Hello? Did anyone watch the opening ceremonies? They were crazy out of control awesome. That's right...awesome. My favorite part by far was the tai chi masters all moving in unison. It was brilliant...well the whole thing was. And then there was Michael Phelps. If you didn't see his races you totally missed out. What an amazing guy. I loved it when he was screaming towards the end of the 4x4 relay. Um, and did anyone see the kids abs? Wowsers, those were some muscles! I watched the other swimming events, some gymnastics, some beach volleyball, a little track, the gold metal basketball games and the marathon. I DVR'ed the whole two weeks of coverage, so I fast-forwarded through everything else (like rhythmic gymnastics and table tennis). China looks ah-mazing too. Can't wait to see the Great Wall. It is definitely going on the "to-do" list! Besides everything Michael Phelps, here is a clip of my most favorite moment of the Olympic broadcast...
(Side note: Did anyone else find Nastia's name hilarious/unfortunate? Because, you know, she's in gymNASTIcs? It makes me think of that one movie preview where the girl goes, "It's not called gymNICEtics!" Love it!)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you see the news story about Michael Phelps? Apparently he was returned safely to his tank at SeaWorld.
Fun fact Nastia was actually in that movie she has a cameo
Post a Comment