I'm a risk taker. I push things to the limit. I think to myself, "I can't wait to get home. There's enough gas. It's only a mile home from here." I drive back and forth the three miles from the hospital to my apartment, over and over again. Yeah, I drive a couple blocks more to the Post Office and then to Albertson's, and scoff at the Circle K.
So, yesterday when my little car slowly sputtered to a stop, I was embarrassed and frustrated but I was most certainly not surprised. Even though I totally should have had at least another 10 miles in that tank. Stupid Arizona heat messing with my mileage.
Luckily I was at a light, across the street from the Circle K.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Clinton loves to push his luck with the gas tank, too. It drives me insane.
I don't know if riding on empty makes you a risk taker. But I hate filling up the gas.
I'm sorry that you ran out of gas. Better luck next time!
Aunt Debbie says it is time to start riding a bike.
Post a Comment