Saturday night, Ben and I made some foil dinners that turned out delicious. We wrapped chicken breasts, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic cloves up in some foil, put them on the coals and twenty minutes later everything was cooked perfectly! I think we lucked out actually. For desert we had s'mores Sarah style. I like to toast my mallows and put them between two cookies that already have the chocolate built in. It's a time saver really. They can be chocolate chip cookies or chocolate covered grahams, but this time I got these great little French shortbread cookies that have a milk chocolate piece on top. I probably could've eaten about 20 of those s'mores but we ran out of cookies. Ah yes, it was good.
So, some things I learned about camping in Arizona:
1. Apparently there are bears. At our beautiful little campsite there was a nice pergola and picnic table and there was a food locker to protect your food FROM BEARS. I thought Bears only lived near rivers where they could snatch up some tasty salmon. I guess I was wrong.
2. Just because its 75 degrees during the beautiful day, doesn't mean that you shouldn't pack your winter clothes. Because as soon as the sun goes down the temperature will drop to the low 40's. Nice and chilly. Thank goodness for super warm flannel sleeping bags!
3. Just because it's only 75 degrees and you're hanging out under your nice pergola all day, doesn't mean you won't get a nice lobster red sunburn. Note to self: never leave house without sunscreen EVER.

2 comments:
I am so jealous of you going camping. We have an REI tent too- my dad got it for me for my wedding.
did you get sick this time sarah? at least hannah wasn't there to hate you.
Post a Comment