Wednesday, February 4, 2009

There are three things I want to talk about today...

Number ONE: Life with out cable is horrible. Ben canceled it and hooked up this monstrous contraption to my tv.


Number TWO: I watched WALL-E last night, and think that maybe, it's one of the best movies of ALL TIME. Ben called it geektastic, but I thought it was so sweet and sad and fantastic. I totally loved it.

Number THREE: Is it just me, or is Facebook totally ridiculous!? Total jerks from high school have tried adding me, and I'm just not going to do it. I mean Facebook is already a messed up version of high school...am I really going to add the losers to my friend list who made REAL high school a living hell? My solution to this problem, was to make three friend lists with different security parameters...my regular friends can see everything, acquaintances can see some stuff, and FRENEMIES get the bare minimum. For instance, Frenemies, feel free to see my fabulous profile picture and email me about how you were wrong to be such an asshole to me in school and that is IT.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I am TOTALLY with the facebook. I finally deleted my account because I was sick of getting invites. I don't really care to get updated on ANYONE from high (except those I already keep in contact with!!!). As for Wall-E. My kids LOVE it and I agreed with what you said about it. However, Chris thought it was lame- but he's not the one who's thankful that there's a show to put on when I'm trying to make dinner, clean up from breakfast, hurry and tiddy things up, fold loads of laundry all in 1/2 hour before he gets home!!!!!

Anonymous said...

L O O O O V E your idea with "Frenemies"!!!!! I DO NOT become friends with those who weren't. Facebook is Great when you reconnect with those you liked. Who cares about the others...am I right!?!

Oh, love the antenna...NOT!Is it in a dark closet somewhere so you don't have to look at it?

I fixed my blog with your name! DON'T be afaid to tell me!!! I WILL NOT be offended! Don't be mad at your mom, either! I specifically asked h er what you thought of my goofy blog! :)

mablebrown said...

The antenna is just behind my little entertainment center on the floor, but if I had any small animals or children around, it would be hanging on the wall. It's like a weapon!

I can't even believe some of the people who have tried to send me friend requests, and then there is Bolivia who I have literally denied 4 times.

I had to call Mom to find out what you were talking about on your blog. If it had been a big deal, I would've told you. I don't even remember saying that to her!

janaemadsen said...

Dude- Danielle is obsessed with Wall E. She says wall e all the time and restarts some of her movies over again just to see the preview.
I love facebook. But My sister in law suggested and Enemies section. I really like that. More clear than frenemies. Now I can't make a blog post about it though.

Anonymous said...

I love your idea about the friend lists. Genius. Steve and I don't have cable anymore either--I feel your pain.

Charlotte said...

Aunt Debbie says-I'd feel bad about cable cept we have never had it on a regular basis, and as for facebook...not interested. Plus my mom might want to be my friend and that is just awkward, to me. She's still my mom.