Friday, November 7, 2008

It's been a long week...

Monday: I had my last day of class, where I gave a presentation entitled, "How to take care of Yourself, the Novice Nurse or How to Avoid Burnout." Later that afternoon, I got a phone call from Tucson's Suicide Prevention Program, calling to make sure I wasn't planning on killing myself. During my presentation I had joked that I was so stressed I could blow my brains out.

Tuesday: I voted, and then met with my teacher, the Dean of Nursing and a Counselor at the college to defend myself against accusations of being suicidal. After a ton of hoop jumping, I was allowed to continue in the program. The only thing that didn't make this a complete waste of a day, was that my candidate won. Yay Obama.

Wednesday: After recovering from Tuesday's drama, I spent 12 hours studying.

Thursday: I studied for about 16 hours straight and went to bed about 2am.

Friday: I woke up at 7:30 and studied until noon, got dressed, went to school and took my test from the teacher that accused me of being suicidal (and proceeded to make me miserable on Tuesday). I got the bare minimum that I could get (an 83%) to still have a chance of passing. I left one answer blank by mistake and missed three simple math problems because I forgot half of the formula. I was a little distracted and unprepared.

I have my CUMULATIVE final on Wednesday. I have to get a 82% to graduate. If I fail by one freaking point I'm going to be sooo pissed. I am so freaking tired of Nursing School.

I did find this today that seemed to make everything better momentarily. Go here for something awesome.

3 comments:

janaemadsen said...

I'm glad you aren't suicidal. I guess they have to take those things seriously. I am glad you passed.

Kristi said...

I'm glad you made it through the week, Sarah and that you past! Good luck next week and with FINISHING!!!!

Also- What's with the video link? I didn't get it or maybe I should've finished watching it. SorrY!

mablebrown said...

The link is to this live feed of little puppies playing. That's all, it's weird, and it made me laugh because it's puppies.